Monday, April 5, 2010

Home!

As of today, Ive been home a week! And a very wonderful week at that! So much has happened and I have been able to catch up and see so many people....makes me so happy! It worked out great to be home before Easter! Short recap of whats been going on:

Amelia dropped me off at the airport on Monday morning. I had to buy another suitcase to bring all my stuff home!! (Yes, I realize that I may have a shopping problem!) I was a little worried opel wasnt going to be able to carry it all, but it all fit! I was sad to leave Haarlem and Europe. It was an incredible 3 months! Something I will never again and I would do it again in a heartbeat! But I was excited to come home. Truly bittersweet. Amelia will stay in Haarlem and keep living and working in the same places. She has lots of exciting travel plans coming up...Ill be sad to miss out!

The flight home Monday was uneventful....besides finishing an entire book. You have alot of time when you are in the air for 10 1/2 hours! But I was very thankful to be able to have a direct flight. Dad picked me up from the airport and I was greeted at home with a super cute Texas poster made by Kristi (or Ms. Tacky as her students call her), balloons and TULIPS!! Jill and Kristi came in from College Station and we all (including STU, who I was SO excited to see!!!!) went to Tio Chuchos for delicious mexican food and margs! Perfect welcome home! Not to mention that I finally got my complete engagement ring back!!!!!!!!! (Pics to come soon) Needless to say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to work Tuesday afternoon, as I have tons to do for the project I am working in. It was fun to see everyone back at the office and get settled it. It was weird driving in Houston again and my huge car compared to little opel! I even tried to pay for breakfast with Euros! I guess I forgot what American money looked like!

For Easter, Stu came with my family to San Antonio. Stu and I got to finally meet baby Braelyn!!! (My cousin Kim & Matt's sweet baby girl!) She was a week old and so precious! We had a great Easter in San Antonio and Floresville on Saturday so I got to see all the fam :) Sunday we met Stu's family for lunch. Loved getting to see all of them too and those precious girls!

All and all a wonderful first week home. I would not be more blessed! Ill post lots of pictures soon about the entire week! I know this blog will be alot less exciting now that I am back in America, but still fun to write none the less! :) I promise to post much more often! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment