You will never believe this....it snowed again last night! It never stops here! The fields, houses and frozen canals are all covered in a snowy white powder. I admit, it is beautiful to see. Atleast the roads were clear this morning. Our new black Opel, had no problem making it to work this morning, although I wouldve been happy to stay home. It is nice that the days are getting longer. When we first arrived, we only had 8 hours of daylight, so we drove to and from work in what seemed like the dead of night. Now we get to see the sun rise and set on the way to work. If we are very lucky, we arrive at the apartment before the sunsets! Its funny how living in Houston I never cared about the length of the days....these grey skies make me miss the sun. (Which I know Ill be complaining about come the Houston summer). Maybe Ill be a snow bird and split my time between Holland in the "summer" and Houston in the winter....talk about livin the dream!
Just another Tuesday around here....Fat Tuesday at that! The Dutch dont seem to know the "holiday" and I sure am missing a good piece of king cake right now! But it is another special birthday today....for my Dad! Im sad to miss out on his birthday celebration too but he did get a new rod and reel that I think will keep him busy until I come back. He is most certainly the best dad in the entire world, especially for loving and putting up with 3 complicated-at-times girls. Happy Birthday Dad!!
al mijn liefde
Happy Birthday Dad! (He is the guy that you may or may not be able to see next to my mom haha) At the top of Greene Peak in New Mexico.
No comments:
Post a Comment