Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"The Proposal" by guest blogger STU

Hello everyone, guest blogger Stu again! I'll make this one a little more brief than the last "dog" post as it's been called by others.....

Well when Kelly and I decided to go out on the town to look around, I decided I better bring the ring so if the opportunity presents itself, I would be ready! After trying to conceal it safely, we were ready to go. We walked to the square and passed by all the shops that Kelly sends her well deserved money to. After looking through some windows, we made it to the square. I figured I would keep an eye out for a nice secluded spot, but didn't see anywhere that said this is the spot. So I continued walking with Kelly around the area she now calls home looking at the sites.

She then asked me if I would like to see the windmill. I said "of course"! She had previously mentioned how neat it was and that I would love it! So we walked along the canal to the area where the windmill was perched. As we approached, I saw some interesting feathered friends and thought it would be cool to get a closer look! So I asked Kelly if we could get a little closer to the windmill and look at the birds. So she led me to the other side of the canal and when we turned the corner, there were two benches on the edge of the water. I thought to myself, this should be the spot!

After deciding to sit on the benches after taking some pictures of the windmill, I figured it was now or never! I brought out a piece of paper with some things I wanted to tell her scribed on it (I've never been a great orator as most of yall know) and proceeded to talk. I couldn't get through the first word without getting a little teary! I know this is more than most of yall want to hear, especially Josh, but I'll proceed at the request of others. But after I said most of everything I wanted to, I knelt and asked her to marry me! As we all know by now, she said yes and began crying even more than she was before. It was great, everything I wanted it to be! I wasn't exactly sure how the location would be in her eyes, but apparently it was as nice to her as it was myself. I'm super glad she said yes or it would have been one long awkward week in Haarlem followed by Germany!

So with that being said, I could not be happier or love the woman who accepted my offer to be her husband more than I do now. She is the greatest woman I have ever met and cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with her. She is what I aspire to be and want to be a better person because of her. You are MY dream come true Kelly and now the whole world knows it!

Goodnight everyone, we have a plane to catch at 7 am tomorrow! Thanks for reading, sorry I got so sappy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that everything went down without a hitch, and that you found the perfect spot that you were looking for. Most importantly the girl that you want to spend the rest of your life with said YES! That's AWESOME, and I could not be happier that Kelly will become a part of the family. Enjoy your time in Deutschland celebrating this wonderful time in each of your lives!!!

    ReplyDelete