Friday, January 29, 2010

Antwerpen gebonden

Tomorrow, I am Antwerp bound! I am very excited to see Brussels! I plan on having some waffles, beer and chocolate. Antwerp is also very well known for one of my favorite things....diamonds!!!! :) I should plan on leaving my credit card at home...that could be very dangerous!




Speaking of credit cards (and I think mine my melt soon...just kidding), Amelia and I went out for weekly Thursday night shopping and dinner. Always a blast. I got 2 shirts, a cute hat, jeans, belt and scarf AND each was under 10 euros! That is a steal here! I also found a place to fix my watch, which stopped working the 2nd day I was here. (For the past three weeks, I have been wearing it broken, so I am happy to be able to know the time again.) And I picked up some new perfume on Tuesday night, since I didnt bring any with me, Flora by Gucci. I really like it...its light with a hint of floral.



I still have eye on an amazing coat and watch (both I LOVE but know I do not need) but if the price is right...I may just have to bring them home :) What a blessing and curse to leave SO close to such great shopping!
About dinner, we went to a cute chandelier and pearl (two more of my favorite things) cafe last night. Again, great atmosphere and excellent food! The waitress recommended the fajitas, even though it wasnt a Mexican restaurant, this deprived mexican food loving Texan, tried them and FANTASTIC! They were even spicy by American standards. Another great find. We still have yet to eat at the same place in Haarlem twice. And our restaurant picking qualities consist of: us walking by, checking to see if the place is crowded and it if is, we walk in. Most of the time we have no idea of what is on the menu or even what type of food that is served. Its a little version of restaurant roulette...and so far we have been BIG winners (minus the doner incident....which we do not speak of!). There are still a TON of places we still have yet to try.
Speaking of restaurant roulette: Amelia and I are going to Dutch McDonalds for lunch today....not because either of us miss the food what so ever, but they have this seasonal Stroopwaffle (delicious Dutch cookie) McFlurry, which sounds like perfection! Cant wait to try it and the good news is its a steamy 44F here today! (Even if it is raining and feels like 33F). Report to follow shortly.....
al mijn liefde

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY need to come and visit after Whitney's wedding - can I borrow your credit card? HA. Antwerp is where I bought Ellie's Christening gown - all handmade lace and BEAUTIFUL. Hope you also have on your itinerary to visit Bruges - beer and chocolate headquarters....and MORE beautiful lace. Two things I learned driving in Brussels. 1) no right turn on red.....don't ask me how I know this. 2) no u-turn in front of a building with lots of flags and armed guards.....otherwise known as NATO....again, don't ask me how I know this. Have fun, travel safe and keep blogging! Love you, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Gina! You really DO need to come visit!! :) I would love it! Im sad to be missing her wedding but I cannot wait to see pictures. Bruges is on the top of our list! I cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete