Today, Amelia and I spent the day in Zandvoot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zandvoort a cozy Dutch beach town. It was cute, with a typical town square, lots of shops and places to eat and endless miles of beach. The town even had a couple of casinos! I cannot wait to check it out in the summer; it is apparently a very popular spot. There were so many people out just walking up and down the beach and out in the shops. It sun was finally out again and it was just a beautiful day! Sadly, the rain washed away all of the snow so there were only a couple of patches left, but it was still fun to see on the beach.
I did put my hand in the North Sea and it was, just as you would think freezing! While watching the sunset, we did see a guy in a wet suit surfing! CRAZY! Such a fun day and the best part is the beach is only about 15 minutes away! Im sure it will be the first of many trips. Although we drove today, we can also take the train from Haarlem and if we ever get a bike, we could even bike there!

Zandvoot Sqaure. They still had up the Christmas tree and lights, so pretty!
Even with all the cute shops, especially the home decor shops I walked into, I managed not to buy a thing! Amelia did get herself a pink snuggie :) Yes, they have a European version here. She has had snuggie envy for awhile now since I cozy up on the couch with the A&M snuggie Stu gave me at I brought all the way over!! Its awesome.

For lunch, we ate at this Dutch pirate restaurant on the beach called De Lachende Zeerover, random, I know but it was good! I finally ate Dutch pancakes!!!! They were so delicious! They are thin, like crepes, and you can get them with any combination of things in them from fruit, to bacon, to ham and cheese(above) to dessert pancakes with Grand Marnier!!! So good and Dutch pancakes houses are all over. I highly recommend them. Its a whole meal on a plate!

Amelia and I split these two plates. This is yummy chicken sate, very popular here as well. They Dutch seem to like peanut sauce on everything. After all of this, I wont be having dinner.

The North Sea! (Yes, my hair was out of control today!) You can see the patches of snow on the sand still left in the background.

Beautiful but cold day!

Zandvoot

This would be so fun!

Perfection!! :)
Awesome day! After this fun weekend, it sure is going to be hard going back to work tomorrow! Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading!!
al mijn liefde
You mean you don't get MLK Day off?!
ReplyDelete