It has certainly been an interesting last couple of days, but I now can say that I have been to a Dutch doctor! I actually got food poisoning late Monday night and it was pretty terrible. I know the irony after all of the food posts! I didnt go to work Tuesday thinking I would feel better....boy I was wrong! (It was so bad that I would later be LAYING on the floor in the doctors office waiting to be seen....not a highlight I want to remember...) I finally called poor Amelia in the afternoon crying in pain. She and Ger, a co-worker, thankfully found me a doctor, got my prescriptions and Amelia was so helpful in taking care of me last night. I am so thankful for both her and Ger, I dont know what I wouldve done without them.
In the midst of all this crazy happening yesterday afternoon, the internet man finally shows up to fix our internet. I was not having him stick around when I felt so bad, so he threw around a couple of cords and I pretty much kicked him out as soon as he said it was resolved. As luck would have it, our internet is still not working!!! UGH! What are the odds!
The doctors office was in a little building that looked just like an old Dutch house, so cute! No fancy electronics, tv everywhere like in America. The doctor came in with a sheet of paper, asked me some questions and I was done about 20 minutes later. Thankfully the doctor spoke great English so communication was not at all an issue. After lots of rest and meds, I am feeling so much better! A huge thanks to Amelia for taking such good care of me!
Being sick in a foreign country was an interesting challenge to say the least. I took for granted knowing where to go when you are sick or something as simple as going to pick up a prescription (mine were all in Dutch). Hopefully, my first trip to the Dutch doctor will be my last but it was an experience to say the least. Im much better now, no need to worry!
Tomorrow, Amelia and I are venturing into Amsterdam to meet with lawyers about our residence permits, which we formally apply for on Friday! It will be our first time to take the train into and see the city! I am very excited about it!
And two more exciting things: Andrea and Jennifer are coming to visit for a week in March! Jill, Kristi and I went to Italy with them last December and had a great time. I cant wait, it will be so much fun. And congrats to Katy, Ryan and Radley who are adding a new baby girl to the house! I cant wait to meet her!
al mijn liefde
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no Kelly!!! I am so sorry to hear about your food poisoning!
ReplyDeleteHey, I have been loving your blog! You are a great writer and I am so excited to read every detail of your adventure!
How are you??!!! I miss you!