Weekend plans: nothing too exciting tonight. Some quick shopping for hangers, which have alluded us on all of our previous shopping trips, then dinner at home and tonight I start working out again! After looking back at all the blog posts about food, I decided Im going to become a fatty if I dont start again with all the great food here. I brought TubroJam (cardo kickboxing) all the way from America. Its still way to cold outside to do any sort of physical activity.
On Saturday, we are going to take a roadtrip to Delft, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delft. Its about an hour southwest of Haarlem. Amelia has friends in the area that we are going to meet up with to get the local tour. It is supposed to have a pretty town square and in typical dutch style, lots of canals. We are also going to check out the famous Delft pottery!! Im sure Ill come away with one or two things that I just have to have. http://www.delftpottery.com/

Sunday, we are planning a trip to the beach. On Richard's (our boss) recommendation, we are going to the sandy (possibly snow covered beaches of Zandvoot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zandvoort, which is only 15 minutes away! Although it is going to be super cold, I cant wait to see the beach of the North Sea! Last summer, when the fam and I went to St. Andrews, Scottland; we were able to see the rocky coast line there and it was beautiful! (I reccomend St. Andrews to anyone who has ever wanted to go, it was awesome!) All of the shops, restaurants and bars are open in Zandvoot on Sunday, which is rare here, but will be great for us to check out. It is apparently a very popular town in the summer.
I plan on taking and posting lots of pictures of the first weekend roadie! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Ah, so that's what all that blue china is called. I've always wondered. It's everywhere!
ReplyDeleteMake sure u bring home a cookbook. Food looks
ReplyDeletedelicious. Can't wait for u to cook for us. No fried hotdogs though. Love pots. maybe ur cc can handle one for me :). Love Kim Poth