Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Twee voor dinsdag

Two for Tuesday, lucky blog readers. Two posts for today :)
Well, Ive been here for a week, crazy to think about! And its been a great week. It is nice to have a routine and know my way around more. I get the hang of this place soon enough. Its only light here 8 hours a day, all of which are while I am at work. So Ill get more pictures of the town and square up one of on a day I actually make it home in the day light.


A little bit out the office here at NOV Beverwijk: There are about 20 people that work here. Amelia and I have desks facing each other in a side room with 2 other people. It sounds a little tight, but it works. The office is nice, for a distribution center in a metal building. There is a small upstairs room and the warehouse is attached. Everyone has been every nice here and is willing to each both of us. The office is open 8-5 with an hour for lunch. EVERYONE, accept Amelia and I have morning coffee. They are determined to convert us to coffee drinkers, but its just not going to happen. Most people stay in for lunch and bring a sandwich; we have started to as well. Cheese sandwiches and soups (mustard, tomato and split pea) are very popular here. All and all a great place to work!

Random fact: Almost everyone brings re-usable shopping bags for all of their purchases. Otherwise you have to buy a grocery bag to bring all of your items home. All Europeans are so great about conserving and recycling! Most people at work bring their lunch, and unlike in America, use real dishes at lunch then wash them every night. You wont find a paper plate or plastic fork in this office. A total change from the mounds of throw aways we had in the Houston office.

I got one of these super cute bag from Stu's parents for Christmas and its so handy! Folds up into a smaller size and then you can stuff it full of great purchases. Amelia and I also go a cute, but cheap plastic version yesterday to carry our lunch to work in. Get one, they are great!


al mijn liefde

3 comments:

  1. I expected a completely different blog when you started it with "Two for Tuesday!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Shoe stores everywhere, very good start. Harlem looks beautiful and so many outlets to welcome you in a positive way. What a culture change! Your super cute bag is SUPER CUTE, I want one. All is well in SA & Seguin. Don has a basketball game this afternoon. The cold weather is still here, but a little warmer today (50). Did not freeze last night. Working hard at Valero. I would like to come visit, what a change fr our Leakey get togethers. Take care, put yr shoulders back, and if you get lonely drink a milkshake, it works everytime. Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you found Blokker or Hema. The closest thing NL has to Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete