- Family/Friends/Stu....but those are all a given :)
- Free refills and ice! They have neither here and even for water, which I drink a ton of, a restaurant will bring you a tiny little bottle thats gone in an instant.
- Grocery Store baggers. You never realize how much you appreciate these guys and gals until you have to do it yourself! People here go to the grocery store multiple times a week so when they go, they dont buy much and you have to bag your own groceries. Even with Amelia and I working together, we still cannot manage to bag everything in our reusable sacks before the next customer has payed and walked off with their purchases. It is stressful and we are complete amateurs!
- Ranch dressing! And to go with that, I could make a list a mile long of restaurants that I cannot wait to eat at when I get home.
- English TV that is not MTV and DVR! I cannot tell you how many episodes of The Hills, The City and Brooke Knows Best I have watched here....but in the same breath, I am thankful to be able to understand it after listening to and trying to read Dutch all day. Amelia has started to download all the shows from ITunes so we have been catching up! But one great thing about Dutch tv, they put all of their commercials together at one time...so you get to watch a whole show commercial free and then there is like 10 mins of commercials.
- A dishwasher.....simply because our apartment does not have one :(
- Sports on tv thats not soccer. I am so excited for the winter Olympics to start.
- Regular sized teaspoons! They dont have them here. You either get a huge serving tablespoon or a tiny tea stirring spoon. Let me tell you, its hard to eat anything with either.
Just some silly little things. I havent really been homesick, which everyone asks when I talk to them: "So I read your blog and everything sounds fun and great.....but tell me, are you really sad and homesick" haha. I do miss everyone and miss all the fun things happening at home. But what an incredible experience! I am going to enjoy it for the short time I am here!
In other news, Opel said it was -11C on the way to work this morning! COLD! Thats 18F but weather.com says it feels like 7F...and I believe it! Apparently, we have more snow on the way. With that being said, I miss the 50F that is Houston right now. :) But I am thinking about braving the cold to get in an hour of power shopping after work today....its never to cold to shop...cant wait!
al mijn liefde
No comments:
Post a Comment